Monday, July 21, 2008

Waiting On A Cure

  • I changed the name of my blog from Determined Diabetic to Waiting On A Cure. I personally do not like the term "diabetic." It bothers me, because it makes me feel like I am a different species alltogether, rather than human, like everyone else. I prefer to be known as a "person with diabetes," because that is exactly how to describe it. I am a person, who just so happens to have type one diabetes. Diabetes will never define who I am, because I won't let it. I am more than just my disease. Diabetes is a big part of who I am, but it's not all of it! :)
  • An update on the battle for a Cozmo: Sherry from Smiths called us today with yet another set-back. Our insurance company messed up...again. They keep thinking that we are appealing an OmniPod. I have no idea why they think this, because in the appeal letter, it specifically states the name "Cozmore Insulin Technology System." So, it looks like I still have a long wait until I get the final verdict. Oh, and what really boggles my mind, is that I have an OmniPod system...so, why would I want/need another one? Hmm...
  • My numbers...they are just not cooperating with summer activities. I guess because with work, and such an unpredictable schedule, it's a lot harder to set my basals, because my schedule does vary so much from day to day. Whereas when I'm in school, my schedule is a lot more predictable, yet still hectic!!
  • Well, thats about it for now. Just a small update on whats going on in my life.

P.S. Have you ever checked out the Children With Diabetes website...particularly the forums? Well, if you haven't, you should definately stop by. The people there are so wonderful, and always so understanding, and willing to help you through difficult times. It's a wonderful place to meet others who "get it," and for support! Ok...I'm done now... :P

http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/index.php

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to stop in and say: HI!

Unknown said...

Hi fantastic article! Thanks for sharing your current data and desire to observe more of this page soon.

Click here for Blood glucose test strips